The Rotary Club of Grande Prairie likes to support local community organizations with their fundraising opportunities by letting them volunteer to sell Dream Home tickets, however – the Club expects ticket sellers to consider this as a paid for position and there are expectations as such. One expectation is all review the training videos.
After reviewing the training videos, please confirm by entering your name and organization at the bottom of this page.
Also, see below for important documents.
Notes for 2022:
* Purchasers will have receipts emailed immediate, and e-tickets emailed within a few days (Usually the next Monday). We want to be as green and cost efficient as possible so do not bring up paper/mailed tickets unless they ask. Only if requested, paper tickets will mailed via Canada Post within 3 weeks.
*The Rotary Club of Grande Prairie and the Dream Home Management Team will be following all Alberta Gaming and Alberta Health recommended guidelines for public safety throughout the 2022 Dream Home Lottery Season. As such, there will be some additional responsibilities placed on any and all volunteers at the Dream Home. Ensure that all of your volunteers are comfortable working under these conditions.
- Volunteers MUST Ensure that all COVID Guidelines are being followed. Including:
- Wearing a mask. It is mandatory for anyone entering the home. Masks will be available on site.
- Visitors to the Dream Home will be limited to 10 people in the home for viewing at one time. This DOES NOT include children or volunteers or staff in the home.
- Completing frequent routine sanitizing of the Dream Home
- Keep track of the number of visitors in the home at one time. This also means enforcing the capacity rules and letting visitors know when the home is at capacity.
- Reminding visitors to refrain from excessive touching of Dream Home surfaces.
- Volunteers who are feeling unwell should find someone else to cover their shift.
You can practice a sale by using this link. You can put in test phone number 780 555 1234 to populate a name and data.
Video below: Selling Tickets. How to, mechanics. 8 minutes
Video below: ID Scanning system. Capture data in 2 seconds. 3 minutes.
Video below: Using the hand held terminals to process payments.
Video below – Quick tips to decrease errors and increase success. < 3 minutes
Video below: For captains’ use. End of day tasks. 7.5 minutes
Helpful documents to increase your success.
- Volunteer Ticket Sales Instructions for DREAM HOME OUTLET
- I.D Scanner Instructions
- Email Addresses. Increase Success
- 7 points to assure success selling tickets
- Captain’s Guide to Balancing Sales